Thursday, March 20, 2014

my experience with the photo essay

The photo essay that we have been working on for the past week or two has just been really stressful. I don't like the idea of having to take pictures and trying to make a good argument with them. Most of my problems stem from a lack of creativity as well as ideas. The pictures that i have taken so far feel underwhelming to what I want to get across. Also, I forgot to rotate my phone and take the pictures in landscape view, so all of my photos are in portrait view and all look awkwardly tall and skinny.  The pictures that I have taken so far seem like very basic pictures and it will probably end up being a very basic photo essay with lack luster photos and short captions that just describe the boring photos. I think the reason I don't like this project is that taking photos is something new to me and I'm not very good at it, so trying to do this project and not meeting the standard that I normally try to hold myself to is frustrating. I also get anxious about doing it because I don't feel confident and it's hard trying to work on something that I don't enjoy. I do understand though that this project is meant to be an introduction into new types of publication and is supposed to help us get away from just writing papers all the time considering how the world is changing. However, I know how to write papers pretty well and so straying away from what I have worked on and practiced for so long is difficult.
       All in all, I am not enjoying this project and I cant wait to finish it and move on with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment